Friday, August 20, 2010

Sunshine At My Window

There is nothing better than to sit soaking up the sunshine on a comfy windowseat, feeling a little guilty pleasure at having some time out just to sit and sew, whilst listening to the radio.



I am working on this quilt. It is a design by Kim McLean called Flower Pots and I am using a palette of Kaffe Fasset colours.


I am sewing the applique shapes by hand, using a very simple needleturn method, which I find very relaxing and addictive !

I hope you all have a great weekend, doing the things you love to do the most, with the people you love.

4 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Sally...what a wonderful new project...and such a beautiful image...sitting in the sun, blithely stitching away!! :)

Mary Keenan said...

Ohhhh, this is so beautiful! and so lovely to sit vicariously with you on that windowsill :^)

Lori ann said...

My gosh, it's stunning Sally. I am very impressed and humbled, i have just made my very first quilt and it looks like a kindergartener may have made it (apologies to kindergartners, i love that sweet unsophisticated art) but really, i wonder if i'll ever learn to do what you've done here.

I would like it very much if i lived near you and if you gave lessons.

enjoy your sunny corner!
lots of love,
lori

Anonymous said...

What a welcoming window seat!!! It's the perfect spot for stitching and a cuppa. ; ) Thank you for sharing this.