Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quilt in a garden





Sarah and Kevin's wedding quilt all finished. I have yet to stitch on a label, but there is no great hurry for that, so I can take my time and embroider something to remember their special day.

You will notice the pink Handmade for Christchurch badge on the top right hand corner of this blog. Please take time to read all about it, I think it is such a great idea and you might want to be involved too.

I am making some items that I shall donate to the cause...some small quilts and some knitted things, and I am thinking that it is going to be many months that Christchurch will be needing help and donations as they start to rebuild their city and their lives. The enormous task ahead looks overwhelming, but some great stories of love, kindness, goodness and courage are appearing each day in our newspaper and on the radio, and I look for these each day...very uplifting, and inspiring.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Quilt is Gorgeous & I'm sure the Happy Couple will Cherish it..
cheers

Heather Woollove said...

How beautifully it turned out, Sally! You are making heirlooms left and right!! XXO-

Anonymous said...

glorious!

Lori ann said...

It's true Sally, this quilt is another of the many heirlooms you've made and it's completly gorgeous.
I'm sending prayers to Christchurch, and hopefully soon, more.

antique quilter said...

the quilt is just so beautiful! how lucky are they to be receiving this gift of love and beauty? a true heirloom
Kathie

Atlantisetta said...

Very, very beautiful quilt!!! I love this flower fabrics.

psp sex said...

This quilt looks so natural in the garden. Lovely match and mix!