Thursday, September 29, 2011

All Things Bright and Beautiful




It is not often that I have a complete perfect day all to myself, a day when I don't have to jump in the car, wave goodbye to the dogs and whizz into town on ' matters of great importance'.

Today is such a day, a bright and beautiful day.


I decided to make some jam from the berries left over in the freezer from last Summer...Jumbleberry Jam made from strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and boysenberries.


I did some washing.





We have had some visitors staying in the cottage, they came to see the Rugby World Cup, and they were so much fun. I was sad to see them drive off this morning.
I love the smell of freshly washed white cotton sheets, another one of life's great pleasures.



A little more work on my applique quilt, and I still have several hours left this afternoon. I think it's warm enough to plant carrot seeds and some more sweet peas.
Perfect !



2 comments:

Irene Po said...

Hi Sally Anne, I got into your lovely blog through tiny happy. I like your two blogs because they keep me in touch with NZ. I am a Malaysian and I visit Wellington on and off because my daughter lives there. We share a family blog at podesign.co. I am glad to see you back blogging. Happy spring!

Candyce said...

I love days like that too! And I enjoyed yours.