I invested some time this week in finishing my blanket on the loom, and realised that I had started warping up for this almost a year ago...thinking that I would have it finished and on the sofa a few weeks later, hah, little did I know it would take me twelve months.
I am a beginner weaver and I came across lots of little problems with this one. It is the largest blanket I have made and is another double weave, ( the same colours and wool as the one I made last year for Alexander). All the problems and the many metres of wool that it took in the making, has put me off making another one like it for a while.
For now though I am pretty thrilled to have it finished. It is drying doubled over on the washing line. I washed it very carefully in "softly"and it has "fulled nicely.
The yarns I used were again from Touch yarns...soft merino/mohair boucle.