Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crazy for crochet

I made a new friend yesterday,.......... a weaver ! Actually a master weaver living here in my town !!!! Very, very exciting and when I drove away from K's beautiful home yesterday, my head was full of ideas for a wealth of new projects on my loom that I would like to pursue.


We also shared another love...crochet, and discovered our equal admiration for this talented crocheter. Lucy's choice of colour in her sensational work always has me sighing with satisfaction whenever I read her blog. It is a sensory delight.

K has crocheted a number of beautiful cushions and I decided last night to put together the few squares that I have made recently. So I transformed an old cushion, by sewing the squares onto the cover.

The cushion on the left was a present from Melissa for my birthday last year, and this little corner is a favorite place of mine to sit and think, read, crochet, quilt

and dream.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, that is just pretty. I loved Melissa's most recent post on "pond life."

Lilbitbrit said...

I love the crochet cushion cover. It has a lovely combination of colour; which is half the battle in putting those crochet squares together.

Christy

melissa said...

so nice that you have finally met each other!
love that crochet cushion cover. so bright and cheerful!

K said...

it was SOOO Lovely to make friends with you too! I really enjoyed our morning - I could have chatted for days! love the cushions (my you are fast) and quilts and feijoas - See you again soon, K

caireen said...

this little cushion is gorgeous, and looks perfect to lift your mood when you need to snuggle up somewhere X

Little Miss Flossy said...

What gorgeous colours, who wouldn't want to snuggle into t apretty little corner like that. Crochet is on my list of must-learns.

kimberlee said...

thanks for that link.

your crochet look mighty fine too!