Friday, December 11, 2009

Festive Times


Sarah (youngest daughter) is home for a few weeks, and today is baking Christmas cookies with Keira (4 yr old granddaughter)

I have made a couple more patchwork blankets/throws for the shop




and this
arrived in my letterbox from Lori Ann.
Lori lives in California and her blog is definitely a beautiful place to visit.
I am the proud recipient of the beautiful book My Nepenthe, a lovely colourful thick book, packed with lots of photos,delicious recipes and stories and anecdotes from Romney Steele, a writer, cook and food stylist and granddaughter of Bill and Lolly Fassett.
I can't wait to try some of these mouth watering recipes....thank you so much Lori, I LOVE it !!!

2 comments:

Lori ann said...

Wow! That sure flew to you Sally! I think I only sent it a couple days ago.
I am so glad it arrived and I'm glad you like it, enjoy!

p.s. your granddaughter looks like she's having a lot of fun! these are festive times, your right.

x lori

Candyce said...

I love kiera' s little hands. It must be nice to have her close by again.

I noticed you are reading Never Let Me Go. I thought it was such an interesting book--it's been afeel years since I read it but it really made me think. I leant to a close friend but she couldn;'t get into in.