Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gold Fortunes




Gold in the garden today,
and I have found another treasure that has been mislaid for a while. My much loved copy of From Breadballs To Brazil and Beyond by Bonnie Kennedy-Grant

This is a book about Bonnie's art and her craft and a memoir on her fascinating life. It is full of her embroideries, needlework and patchwork, with lots of anecdotes, stories, personal recollections and little lessons on how to create your own personal work.
This is a page on her little bullion flowers. There is much gold to be had amongst the pages of Bonnie's book. I am so glad I found it again.
I then found a little embroidery that I had started a couple of years ago using a scrap of Kaffe Fassett's fabric. I intend to finish this and put it on the wall before the end of the year.



But now for the real thing !




A gold fortune of chocolate, perfect payment for kisses from the grandchilren.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite cheering to me, with -8F and a foot of snow on the ground--somewhere it's summer!

Lori ann said...

How pretty everything is! you have poppies, that is our state flower! I love poppies. Our town has a beautify campaign every year where free packets of poppy seeds are distributed. Everyone only has to spread a few around, to start them growing everywhere, even on the sides of the road.

your embroiderery is beautiful Sally, you are inspiring me to pick up my needle too. and wise, your grandchildren will certainly give kisses for the fun candy money!

have a great day.

packing supplies said...

The Flowers are so beautiful and lovely.They are a beautiful source of life and beauty of universe.

Lil Bit Brit said...

I always have enjoyed your crativeness and that of your daughter Tiny Happy. Now I have two of your handmade items, all the way from New Zealand. If you take a look at my recent posting you will see them there. Thank you for the extra scissor case, I love both items.

I have always felt an affinity with NZ, since my great grandmother's sister and brother emigrated to NZ, before WWI.

Take care,
Christy
Lil Bit Brit