Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June Tunes

Things have been a little crazy around here lately, and Life has been much busier than usual. I haven't spent much time at home, but I have been spending a lot of time with my violin tucked under my chin.

Our concert was a huge success..a sellout, and we have now begun rehearsing for the Mid -Winter Festival concert on the 10th July. We are playing 22 James Bond Movie tunes and have some well known Kiwi vocalists to sing some of the favourites.

Take a look here...this is Tim Beveridge doing the first number.

Running alongside rehearsals for this I am also in a local production of Chess, and I have started up a String Quartet with some friends from our Orchestra.....just for fun, when we can fit in a free evening.

I have my sewing machine set up on the kitchen table, and in between cooking and practise, I am finding some time to finish a quilt for a little granddaughter.



Hopefully next week, I will have something for Fern to wrap around herself, as the June winter days are closing in.

2 comments:

Merrin said...

Love that quilt.

Lori ann said...

Hi Sally,
everything sounds lovely, your violin playing makes me envious, i never learned an instrument. I wish i could fly over for that concert, i love James Bond.
The quilt is so pretty too, the colors so vibrant, i'm sure Fern will love it.
Have a wonderful weekend!
love,
lori