Friday, August 31, 2007

The Scent of Horses


I adore horses, in fact I have been passionate about them as long as I can remember.

I love their smell...umm I like it almost as much as new born babies which is surely the best smell in the world.
Today Sarah (youngest daughter) and I went on a horse trek not far from where we live.Sarah is home from university in Wellington and especially wanted to do this before she returned to city life. The weather was perfect, the terrain interesting and tricky in places with two river crossings and the horses were cute and not too predictable.

This was definitely something I want to experience many more times in the next few months.When I came home I felt so relaxed and loose, much more so than when I've returned from the physio.
While Sarah has been home she has chosen the wool for a woven blanket that I shall make. I think that this time I am going to try double weave which could be exciting or troubling as I have no idea how to do it. This is the wool choice....

2 comments:

melissa said...

lucky sarah- horses AND a hand-woven blanket! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, I know what you mean about the smell of horses - my absolute favourite smell too.
I love the wrap top you knitted on your car trips, it's gorgeous!
( I've popped over here for a visit from tiny happy :o) )