Monday, February 4, 2008

Take Two


Take two biscuits fresh out of the oven, make a fresh pot of tea and put this music on as loud as you you like.



I had such a lovely weekend, and thank you all so much for your kind comments.

It was made extra special by a surprise package from Caireen. She sent some of her beautiful cards

and envelopes, some delicious fudge and embroidery wool and a CD by Rachel Unthank. I LOVE this music and because of listening so intently to her lovely lyrics and harmonies I was able to finish the quilting on my aqua quilt. I sew much faster when I am humming along to great music. I have just the binding to sew on now so I should have a picture of that coming up in the next few days.

I am speeding along with Melissa's Arisaig wraparound. I have finished the two fronts and back and am working on the sleeve now.I really want to have this finished in a month because I intend to knit the sleeveless vest " Twist" for Tom, and the " Cobblestone Pullover" for Tristan before winter . I was lucky to find the wool for Tristan's jumper at half price.It is a lovely dark grey with flecks and I can't wait to get started.
I have sent away for Tom's wool. It is knitted in Rowan Summer Tweed and the patterns for both are in the Interweave Knits Fall 2007.

Then I would like to make the Tangled Yoke Cardigan for me. It is also in the same issue of Interweave Knits. This is such a great knitting magazine isn't it? It is not often that I want to make everything that I see in the one mag.!

No comments: