Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thirty Three Years

I feel quite excited tonight which is a little strange, after all this anniversary has been coming around on the same day in the middle of our Summer now thirty two times. It is always our town's anniversary day as well, which means that everyone living here has a holiday.
We don't even have anything special planned for tomorrow except that Ian won't be working and we shall have a "lazy being together" sort of day all day, with probably some nice edible treats, and maybe a meal out somewhere special.
It seems like such a short time ago that I was walking down the aisle towards him, clutching the arm of my Dad and thinking about the great honeymoon we had planned with such detail, leaving all the wedding plans and fuss and stress to my Mum. I was eighteen and knew absolutely nothing, except that I couldn't bear spending a day without seeing him!!!!
Here we are now thirty three years later and I still feel the same except now I know a little bit more. Actually I do know a whole lot more now than I did then !!

Ian doesn't like this photo but it is the only one I have of us by ourselves on the big day...and hey we can't help the way we looked in the seventies..we were a product of our times.

Ian still has a great head of hair, and there is no grey yet, pretty amazing don't you think for an oldie.

We are looking after our grandchild Eve tonight while her parents are attending a wedding for their friends. I wish for that couple many years of love and friendship, kindness and consideration that I have been very lucky to have had.

8 comments:

walter and me said...

Oh, Sally Anne, what a wonderful post! Happy Anniversary to you both, have a wonderful day. 33 years is an achievement and a blessing! Diana x

Anonymous said...

That's so lovely - thank you for sharing this, and I hope you have a lovely day and many more lovely years!

kimberlee said...

33 years, congrats! young love lasts:)

-kimberlee

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sally and Ian, many congratulations. That is a wonderful thing to say, that you still feel the same way about seeing Ian every day. What a great thing for him to know that you still feel like that. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

That's such a beautiful photo - you both look so excited. I hope you had a wonderful day.
Kate / www.fossage.typepad.com

melissa said...

happy anniversary mum!
dad doesn't look that diferent now, does he? ;)
xx

Unknown said...

Many hugs you two, how very very happy you look in that youthful photo, and from what I read, your happiness with each other is still unchanged!
X Lies