Monday, September 3, 2007

Beautiful Cashmere

I believe it is called startitis. I woke with it quite early in the morning yesterday and it plagued me all day. The sun was shining and the garden was beckoning, but the startitis had a firm grip and I found myself feverishly looking through my collection of Spin Off and Interweave Knits magazines until the compulsion abated when I was able to start this:


Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A Clark , from Interweave Knits Fall 2006 and I am using my lovely Addi circular needles size 3.50. What a blissed out night, knitting this and watching Emma on TV.

The wool that I am using for the shawl is something very special that I also purchased from knit1london....100% cashmere from Devon Fine Fibres , this is the softest wool I have ever had the pleasure of knitting, it is exquisite !

Earlier in the day when the startitis was at it's most urgent I spent a comfy hour curled up on the window seat feeling a guilty pleasure as I started the first stitching on this from Bothy Threads ...a William Morris design that I bought from a gorgeous litttle shop in Edinburgh.

Bothy : a hut or cottage in which labourers lodge together.


Today I am happy to say that I am now back to normal and plan on finishing this for my favorite grandson ( yes, I can say favorite because he is our only grandson, all the other grandies are little girls !)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mum,
Good to read up on what you've been doing. The colours for Sarah's blanket are really cool! Glad you had fun on the horse trek. Did S like it? Love the embroidery. Have you thought of a place where you will hang it?
Hope you had a good day.
We had a wonderful visit with Zander.
Love, Tamsin

Anonymous said...

Hello Sally-Nan (hehe)!
It's Rhiannon, I'm not sure if you'll remember me, but I'm Melissas's friend who used to live in Nelson : )
Just thought I'd say hello and welcome to blog land! Look forward to reading all about your projects, I always loved ohing and aahing over the beautiful, beautiful things you made for Melissa and for A+K!

Anonymous said...

The stitching you are doing is beautiful! Do you really fill the whole hoop in with color? I have never seen that before.

Anonymous said...

Hello and welcome melissa's mum!

your blog looks great. Thanks to you I have discovered a knitting shop in London that I had no idea existed (and I only live 45 minutes away!)

Margaret said...

Hi Sally, I have been a "silent" fan of tiny happy forever. Finally I've got my own blog, and it is new like yours. I am very much looking forward to watching you grow! Can't wait to see your embroidery. Wish I could knit, sigh. I want to do everything I see that is beautiful. Nice to know I am not the only Nana in blogville. Meg Jewell, Dolly Dilettante

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiny Happy's Mum! Welcome to blogland. I've had my blog for just over two months and I can tell you its so much fun. I like your term startitis – I think I suffer from it too.