Thursday, September 27, 2007

A shade of blue

I was pretty happy with these results from the dyeing I did yesterday. Inspiration hasn't struck yet as to how I shall knit /weave it/crochet this lovely yarn. It is very soft and in between 4ply and double knit.
The colours are actually more muted than this photo shows.
I am off to Wellington very early in the morning to visit our two youngest children. They are both studying at university there and I am expecting a fun day visiting Sarah's favourite shops , looking at Alexander's work in progress and their respective flats ( actually , I probably won't want to visit their flats, much too depressing, I will take them out for lunch instead .)
It promises to be a good day.

4 comments:

zeliaevora said...

Oh, lovely blues....

Margaret said...

I could fall into your picture . . .

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colours too

safe travels

kimberlee said...

have fun in welly

the yarn looks great! I can't wait to see what you create

-kimberlee